wine bar & liquors from 2001
La Vena di Vino
“Popular Luxury Bar”
The oxymoron “Popular Luxury” is a tribute to Nene di Mondo, an alabaster that we particularly love and who named our bar too.
To experience what do we mean by “popular luxury” come and visit us in Volterra, or if you are curious, read our story!
from our liquors
Our food& beverage
- Zuppa di pane e verdure (v) Tuscan bread soup, a hearty potage made with bread and vegetables
- Zuppa di farro (v) Tuscan pearl spelled soup made with vegetables
- Trippa. Cow’s tripe, the edible lining of the cow’s stomach cooked with tomatoes sauce
- Fegatelli con fagioli o ceci. Pork liver meatball served with beans or chickpeas
- Lampredotto. Typical Florentine meat dish, made from the fourth and final stomach of a cow
- Peposo. Beef dish made marinating meat overnight in an infusion of red wine and herbs, then cooked with black pepper and other spices
Our wine selection
To contrast the flattening and homologation of taste due to the accentuated use of chemistry in the cellars, we have adopted a careful rigorousness in the selection of labels.
This choice prompted us to decrease the wines on our list and to select those of undoubted character and personality.
Our wine proposals also vary, but the following are our cult.
- Vino di Volterra
- Vernaccia di San Gimignano
- Chianti Classico
- Nobile di Montepulciano
- Brunello di Montalcino
where to find us
Via Don Giovanni Minzoni, 30, 56048, Volterra, (Pi), Italy
Open Monday to Sunday
11.00am – 00.00am
Closed on Tuesday
Write to us if you need any additional information about our products and offers.
We ship all over the world.
We will never share your email address with third parties.
By subscribing to the newsletter you will receive information about our new projects and product selections, guided as always, by the search for authenticity.